You’ve probably been dreaming of the day when you could finally make your site available on the internet. You know, that big moment when you can join the ranks of successful entrepreneurs who have a website people actually visit. It’s an exciting time! But now that you’re here, how do you get people to find your site? One way is to purchase a domain name and have it redirect to your Joomla site. This article will walk you through this simple process from start to finish so that all of your users can enjoy their experience on fusionarchosting.com (or whatever domain name suits them best!).
Login to your Joomla admin panel.
- Log in to your Joomla admin panel.
- In the left menu, go to Extensions > Redirect Domain.
Navigate to the “System” tab, then click on the “Global Configuration”.
In order to redirect your domain, you must first log into your Joomla admin panel. Once logged in, you will see a box labeled “System” at the top of your screen. Click on this box and then click on the button labeled “Global Configuration”.
Click the “Server” tab.
- Click the “Server” tab.
- In the “Server IP Address” field, enter the IP address of your server (e.g., 192.168.1.2).
- In the “Port Number” field, leave it blank and click “OK.”
Type in your new domain name in the “Default Www”, and save.
The next step is to type in your new domain name in the “Default Www”, and save.
Your Joomla site should now be redirected to your new domain!
- To check if you’re redirecting successfully, visit your new site by typing in the new domain name.
- If everything went as planned and you followed all of our instructions, it should work!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us! We are always happy to help.