The best WordPress plugins are the ones that help you with your business. While there are many different types of photography websites and blogs, I’ve found that these plugins can be useful for all of them.
NextGEN Gallery is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create a photo gallery and more. It includes a built-in image editor, so users can make changes on the fly. The free version is available at https://wordpress.org/plugins/nextgen-gallery/.
Photo Gallery by WD
Photo Gallery by WD is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create galleries of your photos. The plugin supports image resizing, lightbox viewing, and custom thumbnails. It is also compatible with any theme, even if it hasn’t been specifically designed for use with this plugin.
This plugin can be used to create photo galleries on your website that include the ability for visitors to rate and comment on the images. You can also add custom fields such as price or location so that visitors can view related information about each photo in the gallery. This helps build trust between you and potential clients because they’ll feel like they’re getting more than just “stock” images when working with you—they’ll have access to valuable information about every single one of them!
Envira Gallery is an easy to use WordPress plugin that allows you to create a gallery in a few clicks. It comes with 25+ templates and lets you customize the layout and design of your galleries. With Envira, you can also add social sharing buttons, filter photos by category/date/camera model etc., create image sliders and much more!
FooGallery allows you to create a photo gallery on your WordPress website in the post editor. It has a drag and drop interface, so it’s incredibly easy to use.
Jetpack for WordPress
Jetpack for WordPress is one of the most popular plugin on the market, with over 40 million downloads. It’s a free plugin that comes with a number of useful features and functions, such as:
- A contact form
- A carousel slider that allows you to create slideshows based on images or text
- A gallery feature where users can upload photos directly from their computer and then add captions beneath each one
This WordPress plugin allows you to create a custom watermark that can be added to your images. It’s easy to customize, which is a huge plus. You can choose the logo, text, and color of your watermark. Additionally, you can use images as your watermarks (for example: a copyright symbol) or add text over an existing image like “© 2012.”
If you’re looking for more control over how your images are protected on your website, this is one of the best WordPress plugins for photographers because it gives them so much flexibility with their designs and configurations.
Photo Text Overlay PRO
Photo Text Overlay PRO is a plugin that lets you add text to images. This can be used for copyright notices, watermarks, and more.
Regenerate Thumbnails is a WordPress plugin that allows you to regenerate thumbnails and fix broken thumbnails. It’s useful if you’ve found yourself with a site full of misaligned or pixelated images, which can be caused by many factors including:
- Changing the copyright notice in the image file name
- Deleting your post content when removing multiple posts at once
- Not using WP Smush Pro or another image optimization tool
- WP Smush is a plugin that compresses images on your website. It can reduce the file size of large images, which will speed up load times for your pages.
- You should use this plugin if you want to make sure your site loads quickly.
Imagify Image Optimizer for WordPress
Imagify Image Optimizer for WordPress is a great plugin that can help you optimize your site load times. It’s free, and it takes care of several functions related to images on your page without you having to do anything but install it.
- Compresses images before they are uploaded to your server using Smush.it technology
- Optimizes JPEGs by resizing them down from their original size (e.g., 3000 × 4000 pixels) into something more manageable for mobile devices—but not so much that there will be visible quality loss
These are the most useful plugins I’ve found.
These are the most useful plugins I’ve found.
- Contact Form 7 – This is a great plugin to create contact forms on your site, and it has many options for customization. You can also add Google reCAPTCHA or Akismet anti-spam protection if you have an account with either service (which you should).
- WooCommerce – If you’re selling products or services, WooCommerce is one of the best ecommerce platforms out there. It’s easy to set up and expand upon, even for those who aren’t technically savvy (like me).
- Gravity Forms – This plugin lets you create any kind of form within your WordPress site without having to know how to code at all! The list goes on from here—there are tons more that are worth checking out if these two don’t fit your needs perfectly.
For the most part, these plugins are easy to use. The really great thing about them is that they have a lot of options for customization, so you can make them work exactly how you want them to. If you’re looking for a new way to display your photos or videos on your website, then I hope this article helped!