What is Litespeed?
Litespeed is a web server created by Litespeed Technologies it is used as a replacement for Apache web server that most web hosting providers use to deliver clients websites including CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, and Magento). Litespeed comes with many benefits compared to the standard web server Apache and one of the benefits is increased performance on all websites.
How Do I get Litespeed and Does it Cost Extra?
Litespeed is so beneficial especially for search engine rankings. Fusion Arc Hosting has been working hard on creating the best hosting environment for all our clients. As a result if you run on a web hosting plan or reseller hosting plan the server already has Litespeed and is powering all your websites. The best part is we include it for free!
Now if you have a Cloud VPS server with us or a Cloud Dedicated server we provide you the option to add Litespeed as an extra. If you want to add Litespeed please open a sales ticket with our sales department and we will work with you and provide all the details including the price.
What Benefits does Litespeed Have?
Here is a list of some of the most important changes Litespeed can have for you and your websites:
- Apache interchangeable
- Increased scalability
- More than 50% faster PHP performance
- Up to 9x faster than Apache
- Exclusive technology allows use with 3rd party control panels
- Support for PHP4 and PHP5 side by side
- Small memory footprint
- Easy installation & automatic PHP setup
- Advanced Server Cache Plugins (Double maximum traffic capacity, eliminate 3rd party caching layer)
- Built In Security (Mitigates DDoS, WordPress Brute Force, and other attacks
- Accelerate Ecommerce Website (Accelerate Magento, PrestaShop, WooCommerce and more)
What If I Have Questions?
We love questions! Feel free to contact our 24/7 support team with all your questions. To contact our team open a support ticket via the client area, open live chat support, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org